Open air, a relaxing farm atmosphere and amazing food. This is what you can expect when visisting Anja’s Tea Garden at Plot 317, Zwalu Eastate, Zwavelpoort. Please click here for directions.
We pride ourselves in offering something for everyone. Guests are invited to take a seat in any or our comfortable seating areas, be it in the garden, on the stoep or our cozy dining room. With its open fireplace, the dining room is a great place to get together in winter.
Kids are always most welcome, there is ample space in the tea garden to play and explore.
Adjacent to the garden is a row of stalls selling unique products and gifts handmade or sourced by talented artists and artisans. Our facilities are wheelchair friendly.
We kindly request that you don’t bring your four-legged friends – they make the geese rather unhappy.
The team at Anja’s loves functions and will assist in making your event a memorable one. We offer a wide range of venue and menu options, but you can create your own menu to suit your celebration.
There are various areas at Anja’s where your celebration can take place. If you prefer privacy, our Rose Room is perfect. A venue fee of R800 applies. You can also make use of our Afdak, which can be hired for R500.
Or choose our cosy dining room with a fireplace or our two large stoeps. These areas are free of charge as they are not completely private, but still ideal for a happy get-together.
We love to do functions and are delighted to host your special celebrations with us – birthdays, baby showers, kitchen teas or just life itself!
A few Guidelines for all functions:
- Our homemade Ginger Beer and Strawberry-Rooibos Ice Tea are served to your guests on arrival. In winter we replace the Ginger Beer with homemade non-alcoholic Gluhwein to fight the cold
- Tables are set with floral crockery, floral runner, material serviettes and fresh roses. With love from us- no charge
- Unlimited tea and coffee are served throughout your party
- Additional jugs of arrival drinks or other juice can be ordered as necessary
- You are welcome to bring bring your own bubbly/wine or speciality cake/cup cakes @ a Corkage Fee and/or Cake Fee
- There are various areas where your function can be held. If you wish to be private, our Rose Room is perfect, air-conditioned and available to you all day @ a venue fee of R800. Our Afdak @ R500 and Picnics carry a setup fee of R500. We also have our cosy Dining Room with fireplace, or two long “stoepe” available at no charge as they are not completely private, but ideal for a happy get together!
- Your function is only confirmed on receipt of a R500 deposit, which amount will be deducted from your final bill
- Confirmation of your final guest count the Wednesday before your function helps us to prepare and determines your minimum bill
A service fee of 10% will be added to the final bill
Conferences and private functions are held in our Rose Room, a venue separate from the Tea Garden with its own bathroom facilities. It is equipped with an air conditioner and optional projector with screen. Seating between 30 and 40 guests, depending on the seating configuration, it is the perfect space for doing business – relaxed yet professional.
Half-day conference package
R190 per person plus R800 venue fee
- Tea, coffee and juice, served with home-made rusks upon arrival.
- Mid-morning tea, coffee and juice paired with scrumptious homemade bakes
- Light lunch at the end of the event. Quiche of the day served with our funky salad and balsamic dressing or chicken pie with salad
- Fee includes jugs of water, bottomless tea, coffee and juice
Conference equipment is not included in the package. A screen and data projector can be arranged for R400 and stationary is available upon request. You are welcome to contact us with any special requests.
Our full-day conference fee is R250 per person. Please contact us for more information on this package.
For more information or to book an unforgettable experience with us, click on contact us or send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the following information in your mail:
- Company name
- Contact person
- Mobile number
- Email address
- Date of conference
- Name of conference
Please note that a deposit which equals the venue fee secures your booking. We look forward to hosting you.